Sober Living Houses in Richmond, VA
The McShin Foundation is available around the clock for those who are ready to begin or continue their recovery.
Call (804) 249-1845
Speak to one of our staff members about entering one of The McShin Foundation recovery residence or to learn more.
Our recovery residences provide individuals with safe and affordable housing while they progress in their recovery journeys. They have access to our Richmond addiction treatment center and its activities, as well as structure and accountability within the house. Sober living residents are required to attend a weekly community meeting as well as pursue a recovery pathway. All of our recovery residences are certified by the Virginia Association of Recovery Residences (VARR) and the National Alliance for Recovery Residences (NARR). We have Level One and Level Two houses in accordance with VARR standards.
Who We Serve
We provide residential services to adults (18+) who:
- Have been encouraged to seek recovery for the first time
- Are recovery-resistant and have a history of relapse
- Are re-entering society from jails, prisons or other institutions
- Are seeking aftercare once they leave a treatment center
- Want to live in a safe environment while pursuing recovery
What to Expect
The McShin standard of recovery housing means:
- In The McShin Foundation housing, residents will find a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Residents will have a peer leader in the house to guide them
- Access to multiple pathways of recovery and peer support services through the RCO
- Random drug screens with laboratory confirmation
- The McShin Foundation standard of recovery housing means all houses abide by VARR standards
What We Expect
- Residents to adhere to The McShin Foundation guidelines
- Residents to find a pathway to recovery
- Residents to make an effort to improve, grow, and integrate into Richmond’s recovery community
- Residents to be uplifting and positive to towards themselves and others
The McShin Foundation's 15,000-square-foot Recovery Community Center is open 365 days a year and our ten recovery residences are home to over 100 beds for adults seeking recovery. We are proud to offer same day access to recovery housing and peer support services.
I wound up in RSW jail in November of 2018 for a drug charge. That was where I heard about McShin. I had never tried rehab before. I liked the things they were teaching and became interested. My son overdosed and died shortly after I went to the drug pod in RSW. I was lucky to be with the guys I was with, because I’m sure I would have relapsed. I learned a lot about Narcotics Anonymous and 12 Step in RSW. I really like Cricket. He helped me through some of my grief. He told me to write McShin a letter and I received a scholarship. I recently completed my 28-day Intense Program. It’s been a wonderful experience - very educational. I’m excited to see what the future brings
In my years with McShin, I have learned confidence and willingness, but more importantly a great deal of open-mindedness. I've also learned that if I take it easy and give myself a break, I can use my newfound motivation to accomplish anything I choose, as long as it's the right thing for myself and others.