28-Day Residential Program
Our Community Residential Program combines clinical and authentic peer recovery support services to bring lasting and meaningful recovery.
Call (804) 249-1845
Speak to one of our staff members about entering McShin's 28-Day Residential Program or to learn more.
Our 28-Day Residential Program provides our participants with safe housing, full days of recovery education and relapse prevention groups, individualized recovery coaching, and linkage to clinical services including medical detox, addiction psychiatry, and individual therapy. Program participants will have access to activities and outings including museum visits, art groups, sporting events, recovery events, and outdoor activities to include rock climbing and white water rafting.
Who We Serve
We provide residential services to adults (18+) who:
- Have been encouraged to seek recovery for the first time
- Are recovery-resistant and have a history of relapse
- Are re-entering society from jails, prisons or other institutions
- Are seeking aftercare once they leave a treatment center
What to Expect
The 28-Day Residential Program includes:
- To attend four recovery related groups and two 12-step meetings daily
- To be assigned an individual recovery coach
- Linkage to individualized clinical services provided by community partners
- Assistance with transportation
- Assistance with the development of life skills including grocery shopping, cooking, house keeping, and employment skills
What We Expect
- Active participation in groups and recovery coach sessions
- Residents to adhere to McShin Foundation guidelines
- Residents to find a pathway to recovery
- Residents to make an effort to improve, grow, and integrate into Richmond’s recovery community
- Residents to be uplifting and positive to towards themselves and others
McShin's 15,000-square-foot Recovery Community Center is open 365 days a year and our nine recovery residences are home to over 100 beds for adults seeking recovery. We are proud to offer same day access to recovery housing and peer support services.
The McShin Foundation has been an integral part of my recovery. I can't stress enough how important it was for me to be around other recovering people at the beginning of my journey. What McShin has offered me is a chance at a new life, a chance at mending relationships with my family, friends who are non-biased, love me, and want to support me throughout this journey.
I wasn't able to stay clean before, I tried different treatment options and programs and I wasn't able to stay clean. Since coming to McShin, they have taught me how to live life in recovery. Peer to peer works really well, it helps having people you can relate to who understand the struggles that you have and can validate your feelings. That's really important. I truly owe my life to McShin.