Our foundation is available around the clock for those who are ready to begin or continue their recovery.
Call (804) 249-1845
Speak to one of our staff members about entering a McShin recovery residence or to learn more.
Our recovery residences provide individuals with safe and affordable housing while they progress in their recovery journeys. They have access to our recovery center and its activities, as well as structure and accountability within the house. Residents are required to attend a weekly community meeting as well as pursue a recovery pathway. All of our recovery residences are certified by the Virginia Association of Recovery Residences (VARR) and the National Alliance for Recovery Residences (NARR). We have Level One and Level Two houses in accordance with VARR standards.
Who We Serve
We provide residential services to adults (18+) who:
- Have been encouraged to seek recovery for the first time
- Are recovery-resistant and have a history of relapse
- Are re-entering society from jails, prisons or other institutions
- Are seeking aftercare once they leave a treatment center
- Want to live in a safe environment while pursuing recovery
What to Expect
The McShin standard of recovery housing means:
- In McShin housing, residents will find a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Residents will have a peer leader in the house to guide them
- Access to multiple pathways of recovery and peer support services through the RCO
- Random drug screens with laboratory confirmation
- The McShin standard of recovery housing means all houses abide by VARR standards
What We Expect
- Residents to adhere to McShin Foundation guidelines
- Residents to find a pathway to recovery
- Residents to make an effort to improve, grow, and integrate into Richmond’s recovery community
- Residents to be uplifting and positive to towards themselves and others
McShin's 15,000-square-foot Recovery Community Center is open 365 days a year and our nine recovery residences are home to over 100 beds for adults seeking recovery. We are proud to offer same day access to recovery housing and peer support services.
By me coming to The McShin Foundation, it gave me the opportunity to grow while in a program. It works - it has helped me. I have been shown great love in this program and have been given the opportunity to sit down and address some of the issues I have had going on in my life. I am grateful to McShin for allowing me to come here when I had no where else to go.