Intervention and Recovery Services
- On a walk-in basis, the McShin Foundation offers intervention services, housing, support and guidance. The Foundation works hand-in-hand with local and nonlocal treatment centers, accommodates a variety of pathways (Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, dual-diagnosis, and faith-based 12-step groups, as well as groups for family members), and provides comprehensive peer-based services before, during, and after clinical treatment.
For individuals in immediate need, the McShin Foundation offers:
- coordination of medication-assisted detox services
- 24-hour respite program for persons requiring monitoring for drug-based treatments
- 28-day retreat program to help participants through the critical first month of recovery
- a customizable Shadow Program for more complicated participants
- McShin staff shadow participants 16 hours a day (excludes bedtime hours)
In 2013, the McShin Foundation received over 100,000 recovery support inquiries from people in need and performed 40 family interventions.